Author Topic: Theory of Relativity  (Read 10187 times)

Anon.

Theory of Relativity
« on: February 18, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »
Art is relative. A 5 year old might percive a hastly scribbled crayon-wax drawing as art, while 50 year old art university lecturer might not. It depends on your own tastes and personality what is art and what isn't, therefore I think that you are the philistine for imposing your beliefs on us.

And on another note, it would have done to make the test slightly more difficult, because it was apparant to anyone who had ever used a computer drawing too which was fake and which was real.

This post is about  True art or a fake? quiz --admin

Mikhail Simkin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Theory of Relativity
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »
The concept of relativity, as used in Physics, has nothing to do with philosophical and moral relativism.

In Physics, when you talk about speed you shoud indicate an object relative to which this speed is measured. For example, you and I together with the Earth are moving at a speed of 67,000 miles per hour relative to the Sun. Together with the Sun we are mooving at a speed of 150 miles per second relative to the the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

However in Squaw the speed a skier can reach relative to the mountain is an absolute value, specific to each individual (although he can still move at a 150 miles per second relative to the the center of the Milky Way).

Abstract Art resembles a weird skiing competition where everyone clumsily skis at 10 miles per hour and the results are judged in context.

Anonymous

Theory of Relativity
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:56:38 PM »
Hey that test is just too easy, please don`t use paintbrush generated images, is too obvious. Use real paint & make examples of bad/non art.

(The funny thing is... that you may try to make non art or bad art with real painting, but i`m almost sure that whatever aesthetic result you may end up getting... it will ressembles terrifically to an already high steemed work of art!)
(for example, throw random paint at a canvas & u end up with a Pollocklike work)