Author Topic: I don't understand the art in abstract  (Read 18602 times)

Anonymous

I don't understand the art in abstract
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »
Kay, so, I'm sorry if u people take this as an offense, but I don't understand the art in abstract, or some of the...ah, immature child-like finger paintings. please explain this to me. I know there's supposed to be a story behind each picture, but who has the patience to actually sit down for a few hours and guess?  i think true art is by the skill and creativeness. I can't believe that one picture of that white square with the black circle in the middle is art. its not skilled or creative. Anybody could do it. That's the thing. Artists are  supposed to be skilled people. Not just anybody who can make a few shapes  or squiggles and smack 'em on a piece of paper. So why are all these amateurs getting praised so much? why was picaso so great? :D

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:41:43 PM »
He was great because he brainwashed people with a very effective strategy.

First he never learned to paint academically, instead he faked the signature on some of his father`s paintings (wich were academically acceptable) & passed them as his own.

Also lots of connections & the help of some rich people. (Like it is today).

He DID saw the world diferent, but never acquired the technique & virtuosity to transfer his visions on the canvas & also there was a generally anger from new vanguard artists towards anything academic & add to it the first & second world wars (Hitler & Stalin loved academic art & bashed abstract calling it "degenerate art").

Now art is about brainwashing others about why it is art, the true star in contemporary art is the critic who has an incredible imagination to see things where there is really nothing, no art material with true density.

& people end up believing to this mafia to not pass as idiots.

Never asked yourself WHY is there practically not Leonardo da Vinci followers in technique today?
(and i mean, his technique CAN be used for abstract & non figurative work!)

But lots of abstract expressionists?

The answer is obvious : Making abstract expressionism can be done by an ape, but a work of such care as the mona lisa is close to impossible.

(There is a case where an art critic got fooled with a monkey painting!)

Mondrian, Kandinsky, Klee, Rothko, Malevich, Warhol, etc (late works on all of them)
are NOT art, they are design, groundbreaking if you want, but definetively not art.

A carpet has a nice design on it, but is not art.

Sorry for the bad redaction in english.

:O)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 09:04:35 AM »
Really, why don`t change those paintbrush images & make the "bad art"

examples with real painting? Would be much more challenging, many of us

knew from the start many of the answers because it was obvious that the non

art works were digital.

The test itself is very interesting & congratulations, cause it really evidence

many of the charlatanery of modern/contemporary arts.

Russell123

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I don't understand the art in abstract
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »
Anonymous i totally agreed with you and your comment. it was nice

brianvds

• View Profile
    • Brian's Notebook
    • Email
Re: I don't understand the art in abstract
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:50:37 PM »
He was great because he brainwashed people with a very effective strategy.

First he (Picasso) never learned to paint academically, instead he faked the signature on some of his father`s paintings (wich were academically acceptable) & passed them as his own.

I have often seen this claim. I have never seen any actual evidence for it. It is pretty obvious from some of his later work, that is unquestionably by him, that he was at the very least a competent draftsman.

Never asked yourself WHY is there practically not Leonardo da Vinci followers in technique today?
(and i mean, his technique CAN be used for abstract & non figurative work!)

There are plenty of modern followers of Leonardo. They do fantasy art.  ;-)

Brian
brianvds.blogspot.com